There are currently 226 pupils in the school. The pupils are in 8 single stream classes from Junior Infants to 6th class.
This comprises representatives from 3rd to 6th classes and a member of staff. The role of the Student Council is:
1. Provide an opportunity for pupils to voice their opinions and offer suggestions in
relation to many aspects of school life.
2. Discuss issues relevant to the school and encourage and promote initiatives
3. Offer an opportunity for all pupils to voice their opinions on proposed changes
and thereby play a very important role in improving our school.
4. Act as a channel for communication within the school, between pupils and
between home and school.
5. Encourage pupils and thereby their parents/guardians to organise events central to the life
of the school.
6. Provide an opportunity to raise funds for charities or for school resources.
Through our Student Council we hope to give the pupils a positive role in the organisation of our school and thus ensure they feel they are listened to and that their ideas and concerns are valued. Council meetings help to develop social and learning skills in many areas such as speaking, listening, problem solving and decision-making.